Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

should i be concerned by any of this?

a simple yes or no will suffice. thank you in advance

also, when i copy the link that says "learn more about this update" in settings-general-update, it comes back as being malicious when i enter it on the Virus Total web page . that seems a bit suspicious? to a mere mortal like myself at least

there are a hundred different hinky events that happen every day on my phone that i KNOW other people experience also, but listing them might be a little redundent .thanks again

iPhone XR

Posted on Jun 26, 2020 10:13 PM

12 replies

Jun 27, 2020 4:37 PM in response to Buraduri

That’s Apple’s own website detailing the contents of the update. Nothing malicious about it. That’s normally called a false positive.

I would not trust a website over Apple’s own update system.

The iOS updates come from a secure server. There is no way anybody but Apple can get that screen to your device with that link.

Here’s the contents of that page:

Jun 27, 2020 7:43 PM in response to Buraduri

Buraduri wrote:

does anyone else have this issue when copying that link and pasting into a url scanner i wonder?

False positives are not uncommon. But, as it's obviously and Apple link in an Apple controlled system, I don't understand why you're pasting it into a url scanner.

Who runs this url scanner and why do you trust them more than you trust Apple?

Jun 28, 2020 7:45 AM in response to Buraduri

If you had standard lab tests done on yourself (bloodwork, urinalysis, etc) and the lab handed you, a lay person, the results (without the summer pages that state what normal values are), it might look pretty scary and confusing. That would be mostly because the information is intended to be read by someone with a background in biochemistry, physiology and medicine. That's why they generally just send the results to your doctor who evaluates them. This is the same thing. Those logs are not intended for you, the end user, to get any actionable information from.

Having an active data connection doesn't mean you're connected to the internet. And error messages do not always mean quite what they say. I suggest you start another thread in which you describe the actual problems you're having with your phone.

You're worrying yourself over nothing.

( I would have said all of this in my first answer. but you said you just wanted a yes or no.)

should i be concerned by any of this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.