Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes match - Can i increase the device authorisation limit?

Hi

I like most people have more than five apple devices running around the place, I would like to access my music library on all of them, ie more than five.

I have a 2TB subscription to iCloud but could not use that for sharing my music library which is a bit of a shame IMO so after looking at the support options I have set up iTunes match to solve the issue but hit a problem.

I am limited to just five devices so cant add all of my devices and access my music library on them as I wanted.

My library includes lots of old DCs and tracks that I ripped to iTunes years ago when it was first launched for the iPod so I want to keep the functionality of sharing the tunes across all devices and not limited to just five and have the agro of reauthorising and re authorising each time.

Any help appreciated.

Posted on Jun 27, 2020 8:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2020 7:09 AM

No, but it may help to have more background on the limits. You can use iTunes Match on up to 10 devices, of which 5 can be computers. See Authorization vs. association - Apple Community for details.

tt2

3 replies

Jun 28, 2020 11:23 PM in response to Karl Pope

It is only computers that get authorized. You've likely switched computers without deauthorizing first at some point. From HT201251: Authorize your computer in iTunes - Apple Support:

If you run out of authorisations, deauthorise all

If one of your 5 authorisations is on a computer that you don't use anymore, deauthorise it. If you sold or gave away a computer that's used one of your 5 authorisations, you need to choose Deauthorise All on the Account Information page. Then authorise each computer that you still use.

tt2

iTunes match - Can i increase the device authorisation limit?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.