Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to get 4K 60Hz on MacBook Pro 2019

Hello,

I have a problem getting 60Hz on 4k resolution, looks like it's locked on 30Hz, if I switch to 2560x1440 the refresh rate is available in 60Hz but image is blurry.

I'm using:

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jun 29, 2020 5:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2020 3:18 PM

Hello vs_cristian,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. We understand there's an issue turning on 60 hz for 4k. We'll do what we can to help.

Here are some suggestions:

• Hold down the Option key before selecting Scaled if you weren't already to reveal all options.
  • Try a different cable with the adapter if possible.
  • If it still is showing as locked, try resetting the PRAM/NVRAM which holds the settings for displays: Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

Take care!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2020 3:18 PM in response to vs_cristian

Hello vs_cristian,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. We understand there's an issue turning on 60 hz for 4k. We'll do what we can to help.

Here are some suggestions:

• Hold down the Option key before selecting Scaled if you weren't already to reveal all options.
  • Try a different cable with the adapter if possible.
  • If it still is showing as locked, try resetting the PRAM/NVRAM which holds the settings for displays: Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

Take care!

Jul 3, 2020 12:12 PM in response to vs_cristian

vs_cristian,

Since we currently only have the Mac to test with, try starting in safe mode to narrow it down: How to use safe mode on your Mac You can also try a new user as well: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

If you're still seeing the same thing after all those steps, you'll want to reach out to Apple Support directly: Get Support

Enjoy.

Unable to get 4K 60Hz on MacBook Pro 2019

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.