Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stop sharing information on multiple devices

I have two iPads, two iPhones, one Apple Watch 4 and a Mac in the family with three different email addresses and two separate phone numbers. How do I share Calendar, Notes, Reminders only on specific devices. Example, my phone, watch and iPad, my information, my wife’s phone and iPad, her information. Right now all entries are shared across all devices.

Posted on Jul 1, 2020 8:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2020 1:19 PM

Everyone needs their own AppleID for use on their own devices. When you share an AppleID, everyone shares all data associated with that AppleID for all Apple services using that AppleID - iCloud, FaceTime, iMessages, etc.

There is no way to separate data or have any privacy of data at all when people share an AppleID.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2020 1:19 PM in response to Ucapeg

Everyone needs their own AppleID for use on their own devices. When you share an AppleID, everyone shares all data associated with that AppleID for all Apple services using that AppleID - iCloud, FaceTime, iMessages, etc.

There is no way to separate data or have any privacy of data at all when people share an AppleID.

Jul 1, 2020 1:12 PM in response to Ucapeg

Ucapeg wrote:

I have two iPads, two iPhones, one Apple Watch 4 and a Mac in the family with three different email addresses and two separate phone numbers. How do I share Calendar, Notes, Reminders only on specific devices. Example, my phone, watch and iPad, my information, my wife’s phone and iPad, her information. Right now all entries are shared across all devices.

These items are shared when the Apple ID signed in to iCloud is the same.

Stop sharing information on multiple devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.