Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problem inst security update

I have a MacBook Air. I have tried multiple times to install security update 2020-003 10.14.6. However, the update install never finishes, and instead I get a message stating "The network connection is lost. An occurred while installing the chosen updates". I'm not sure why I keep getting this message as the computer is connected to my Wi-Fi network even when the message appears on the screen. Any ideas how to correct this problem and complete the install?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 1, 2020 11:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2020 10:23 AM

I had the same issue you were having. I connected with Apple Support chat.

They suggested that I download this to check for malware problems:

https://www.malwarebytes.com/mac/

I downloaded it and installed the app. I completed the scan (the middle option). I clicked the quarantine button (it did require a restart of the computer to complete the quarantine).

You may have to go into your network proxy because at first I wasn't able to connect to the Apple server to update. (System Preferences > Network > Advanced > Proxy > Deselect any of the proxies checked)

I tried to download the security update again and it was successful.

Good Luck farmerdave2000!

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2020 10:23 AM in response to farmerdave2000

I had the same issue you were having. I connected with Apple Support chat.

They suggested that I download this to check for malware problems:

https://www.malwarebytes.com/mac/

I downloaded it and installed the app. I completed the scan (the middle option). I clicked the quarantine button (it did require a restart of the computer to complete the quarantine).

You may have to go into your network proxy because at first I wasn't able to connect to the Apple server to update. (System Preferences > Network > Advanced > Proxy > Deselect any of the proxies checked)

I tried to download the security update again and it was successful.

Good Luck farmerdave2000!

problem inst security update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.