Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri not Finding Music

I have two HomePods. I subscribed to Apple Match to load my music library to the iCloud. Using Siri through the HomePods I could play any playlist, album, artist, or song over the course of a year. Suddenly, in the last two months Siri tells me it cannot find a requested playlist, album, artist, or song. Siri/HomePod can play a genre, however. "Siri, play some classical music" and classical music plays. So, the music is available.

I have reset the HomePods, disconnected them and reconnected them, fiddled with settings, and tried any suggestion found on various websites. Nothing has worked. I know other people have reported this problem on Apple message boards going back to November 2019. They have been told it is a bug and is being worked on. Is this still so? Is there a fix?

Thank you for your time in this matter.

--Mike

HomePod, 13

Posted on Jul 4, 2020 3:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2020 3:09 PM

Turning off Recognize My Voice in the Home app on my iPhone fixed this issue for me.

See this thread for details:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251297277

Similar questions

3 replies

Siri not Finding Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.