Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"your bootable USB drive could not be created, there is not enough space available on the disc"

Hi! so I have a Mid-2011 iMac (an unsupported mac) that I am trying to bootcamp so I can play more video games that are windows exclusive, but I always get the same result when trying to create a windows 7 or later version install disc. I am using a 64 GB flash drive which is 4x the recommended amount and no matter what I do, I can't seem to get around this. Any tips?

iMac 27″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jul 4, 2020 11:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2020 12:02 AM

koiwazura Said:

"'your bootable USB drive could not be created, there is not enough space available on the disc': Hi! so I have a Mid-2011 iMac (an unsupported mac) that I am trying to bootcamp so I can play more video games that are windows exclusive, but I always get the same result when trying to create a windows 7 or later version install disc. I am using a 64 GB flash drive which is 4x the recommended amount and no matter what I do, I can't seem to get around this. Any tips?"

-------

Try This Link: Install Windows on your Older Mac Using Boot Camp - Apple Support

Se Also:

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2020 12:02 AM in response to koiwazura

koiwazura Said:

"'your bootable USB drive could not be created, there is not enough space available on the disc': Hi! so I have a Mid-2011 iMac (an unsupported mac) that I am trying to bootcamp so I can play more video games that are windows exclusive, but I always get the same result when trying to create a windows 7 or later version install disc. I am using a 64 GB flash drive which is 4x the recommended amount and no matter what I do, I can't seem to get around this. Any tips?"

-------

Try This Link: Install Windows on your Older Mac Using Boot Camp - Apple Support

Se Also:

Jul 5, 2020 7:51 AM in response to koiwazura

koiwazura Said:

hello, I just tried the method and got stuck on step 2 once again with the same issue I listed before. Whenever I put in my ISO file so I can download and copy the files, it gives me the same error that I listed above.

———-

Upgrade USB Storage and Compatibility:

I recommend trying a new USB flash drive - one that is 16GB in storage capacity and that reads “Mac” or “Apple” in compatibly.

Jul 6, 2020 9:07 PM in response to koiwazura

koiwazura Said:

"'your bootable USB drive could not be created, there is not enough space available on the disc': [...] when trying to create a windows 7 or later version install disc"

-------

You Need Windows:

Didn't catch the Windows 7 part - take that up with Microsoft. Seems you need a windows PC with Windows 7 or Windows 8 to create it. View the system requirements:

Get it Here: Windows USB/DVD Download Tool - Microsoft Support

If you need more assistance with that, contact Microsoft Support:

Start Here: Microsoft Contact Us Virtual Agent - Microsoft Support

"your bootable USB drive could not be created, there is not enough space available on the disc"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.