You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't backup iPhone on macOS Catalina

I will connect the iPhone to the computer (macOS Catalina) and allow access. I don't see the option of bakcup and many other information in the Finder. I only have two functions – "Check for updates" and "Restore iPhone".

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 9, 2020 12:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2020 12:29 PM

Check for updates and apply those on your Mac—your iPhone, too, but that seems to already be running the current iOS 13.5.1—disconnect the USB-to-Lightning cable, reboot both the Mac and the iPhone, and try again. Failing that, try a different cable. If you’re using a hub, disconnect that and connect directly to the Mac. Then check with the folks at Apple.

If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 9, 2020 12:29 PM in response to mefiu93b

Check for updates and apply those on your Mac—your iPhone, too, but that seems to already be running the current iOS 13.5.1—disconnect the USB-to-Lightning cable, reboot both the Mac and the iPhone, and try again. Failing that, try a different cable. If you’re using a hub, disconnect that and connect directly to the Mac. Then check with the folks at Apple.

If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

Jul 9, 2020 12:41 PM in response to mefiu93b

Try connecting with the Mac booted into Safe Mode.

If Safe Mode works... Any add-on anti-malware, add-on anti-virus apps, add-on VPN clients, add-on cleaning apps, or similar? If so, remove those per the vendors’ instructions, reboot, and try again.

If you’ve restarted both macOS and iOS, tried a different cable, patched to current, no add-on apps, etc., time to discuss this with Apple.

I can't backup iPhone on macOS Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.