Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Access to Domain/Network - Can't Change Password or Name

Hi,

I have my Macbook Pro joined to a company AD. I no longer have access to the network nor AD. If I try to change the password, it won't let me. It saids "The server is not available. Change your password when the server becomes available". My user account show that I am "Admin, Managed, Mobile..".

So, the question is, how can I convert my account to a non managed or domain joined without have access to the server?

Thanks

Posted on Jul 10, 2020 6:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2020 2:12 AM

See if the below support article helps you!

Unbind from a server in Directory Utility on Mac - Apple Support

Else you may need to contact IT department from your Company or Apple Support.

Similar questions

3 replies

Jul 12, 2020 3:10 AM in response to chugene

chugene wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately, I don't see the "unbind" option for Active Directory. I only see "Bind".

Then your MacBook Pro is not a part of any Domain.

Are you trying to add again? Then you may need instructions or guide from your company IT department.

I'm not sure if the profile configuration is stopping you from changing the password. Please see if it helps.

Use configuration profiles to standardize settings on Mac computers - Apple Support

No Access to Domain/Network - Can't Change Password or Name

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.