Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod Nano & Windows 7

I want to use this device just on Win 7. I'm assuming I first need to update it, but then is the WIN version of software on the Apple site, or must I sign off, start up my Win 7 computer and then go to the Apple site to download the software?

Thank you!

Posted on Jul 11, 2020 1:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2020 2:15 PM

You need to install iTunes on your computer. Go to this page: iTunes - Apple and scroll down past the Get it from Microsoft until you see Looking for other versions? Use the Windows version under that heading. The copy from Microsoft is designed for Windows 10.

There may not be an update for your nano, but it will work with iTunes.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2020 2:15 PM in response to TerrySB36

You need to install iTunes on your computer. Go to this page: iTunes - Apple and scroll down past the Get it from Microsoft until you see Looking for other versions? Use the Windows version under that heading. The copy from Microsoft is designed for Windows 10.

There may not be an update for your nano, but it will work with iTunes.

Ipod Nano & Windows 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.