Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

help with cookies

since updating to catalina on my laptop MacBook pro--i'm getting message from my bank bill paying section that cookies need to be cancelled in browser...i checked browser in safari and browser wasn't checked anyway--but still no luck getting to bill pay??

is my browser safari or webpage google or yahoo.?

Posted on Jul 12, 2020 7:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2020 11:11 PM

deliah2o Said:

"help with cookies since updating to catalina on my laptop MacBook pro--i'm getting message from my bank bill paying section that cookies need to be cancelled in browser...i checked browser in safari and browser wasn't checked anyway--but still no luck getting to bill pay?? is my browser safari or webpage google or yahoo.?"

-------

Clear your Temporary Internet Files:

Seems to me that you need to clear all of your Temporary Internet Files (Cookies & Cache) of Safari. Cookies perform remembrance of certain site-entered data. Whereas Cache keeps a snapshot of the last time you visited a site.

Clear these in Safe Mode:

1. Hold Down: shift key upon boot
  2. Log: in
  3. Perform: the below***
  4. Boot: into Normal Mode

*** Clearing Temporary Internet Files, On:

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2020 11:11 PM in response to deliah2o

deliah2o Said:

"help with cookies since updating to catalina on my laptop MacBook pro--i'm getting message from my bank bill paying section that cookies need to be cancelled in browser...i checked browser in safari and browser wasn't checked anyway--but still no luck getting to bill pay?? is my browser safari or webpage google or yahoo.?"

-------

Clear your Temporary Internet Files:

Seems to me that you need to clear all of your Temporary Internet Files (Cookies & Cache) of Safari. Cookies perform remembrance of certain site-entered data. Whereas Cache keeps a snapshot of the last time you visited a site.

Clear these in Safe Mode:

1. Hold Down: shift key upon boot
  2. Log: in
  3. Perform: the below***
  4. Boot: into Normal Mode

*** Clearing Temporary Internet Files, On:

Jul 12, 2020 2:26 PM in response to deliah2o

Others are seeing the same thing. It seems to be a bug in the newest Safari 13 version.

Block cookies is off but being limited by… - Apple Community

As suggested above, here are some links to other browsers

Firefox        10.9 or higher

Opera Browser        10.9 or higher

SeaMonkey      10.9 or higher8

Waterfox          10.8 or higher

You can also try Safari Technology Preview If running Mojave or higher. Go to Safari/Preferences/Advanced and check Show Develop menu in menu bar. Go to the Develop menu and select Get Safari Technology Preview. Open from the Applications folder.

Jul 12, 2020 1:48 PM in response to deliah2o

Hello, deliah2o. If I understand correctly, you're unable to use your bank's bill paying service with Safari since the bank says you must enable cookies - which you've already done. You'll see several discussions regarding this issue in this forum. One thing you can do is to (a) alert your bank to the issue and (b) use a different browser until they get it fixed. Something I haven't seen mentioned in regard to this issue is to (temporarily) enable cross-site tracking (uncheck 'Prevent cross-site tracking' in Safari's Privacy Preferences). I don't know if it'll work, since I'm not having this problem with my bank (SunTrust) - but it worked with BGE who said I needed to enable third party cookies.

Good luck

srb

help with cookies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.