Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when I insert the usb superdrive into my MacBook Pro it says it has no power. what do I do?

when I insert the usb superdrive into my MacBook Pro it says it has no power. what do I do?

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jul 12, 2020 3:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2020 3:45 PM

tatianarodriguez:

It sounds like you are trying to attach an external Superdrive to your MacBook Pro via USB.

Does the external Superdrive, you are using, get all its power via the USB cable, or does it have an additional power adapter connection?

If it has an external power connection, and you haven't connected the power to it, that would explain the error message.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2020 3:45 PM in response to tatianarodriguez

tatianarodriguez:

It sounds like you are trying to attach an external Superdrive to your MacBook Pro via USB.

Does the external Superdrive, you are using, get all its power via the USB cable, or does it have an additional power adapter connection?

If it has an external power connection, and you haven't connected the power to it, that would explain the error message.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.