Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wiped MacBook Pro won’t connect to WiFi

Hi, I bought my MacBook Pro from a friend who had it completely wiped before she sold it to me. I was able to pull up MacBook Utilities using control/command/R and the option comes up to reinstall macOS (which is what I want to do). When I click it, it says the recovery server cannot be contacted.

i have very good 5G wifi at my house, but it won’t connect! The 5G shows up as an option with a check mark next to it, but it keeps saying looking for networks... it refuses to recognize it.

I am not a techie by any means, I just really want to get this thing in working condition .. any help would be greatly appreciated!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jul 14, 2020 6:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2020 7:28 PM

If the globe is spinning, and there is a checkmark next to the network you want to use, the only thing missing is your patience.

It can easily take an hour to download MacOS, and almost another hour to install.

As long as it does not put up a low-negative-thousands error message, be patient and it should make progress.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2020 7:28 PM in response to TinaLard

If the globe is spinning, and there is a checkmark next to the network you want to use, the only thing missing is your patience.

It can easily take an hour to download MacOS, and almost another hour to install.

As long as it does not put up a low-negative-thousands error message, be patient and it should make progress.

Wiped MacBook Pro won’t connect to WiFi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.