Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The image my iPad creates on Zoom

When using my new iPad on Zoom my image appears in the participants gallery as a one-third width image with black bars down each side. Why? A friend with an identical iPad shows with a full sized image on Zoom. What setting do I need to change to make my image full size?

Posted on Jul 16, 2020 4:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2020 5:27 AM

Xtrememaniac - Thanks for your response. In a way your suggestion led to the issue. The 'setting' turned out to be something which iPad users probably would never even think about and hence be unable to relate to my issue. The iPad arrives with the 'Orientation' lock engaged. By unlocking it (I am sure that most users would do that at initial switch-on) my issue has been resolved. Regards.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2020 5:27 AM in response to Xtrememaniac

Xtrememaniac - Thanks for your response. In a way your suggestion led to the issue. The 'setting' turned out to be something which iPad users probably would never even think about and hence be unable to relate to my issue. The iPad arrives with the 'Orientation' lock engaged. By unlocking it (I am sure that most users would do that at initial switch-on) my issue has been resolved. Regards.

Jul 18, 2020 5:21 AM in response to markwmsn

markwmsn - both directions and the issue is the same. Not yet sure about our friend. However your question set me thinking and realise that the 'orientation' lock on the iPad was set on. When this was unlocked the issue resolved itself in the landscape position. The issue still exists in portrait position but I would guess that is due to the camera being in a fixed orientation in the device so the image being transmitted by the iPad is 16x9 ratio when it is in landscape and 9x16 ratio when in portrait. Many thanks for your help.

The image my iPad creates on Zoom

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.