Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to setup Mail on Mac

Unable to setup Mail on Mac. I have two Google accounts; each time I run the Mail setup, which opens Safari (Google requires completing authentication in your web browser. After authentication, setup will continue in Internet Accounts), and complete the Google login (Sign in to continue to macOS), I'm confronted with "This account already exists. You are already signed-in to the account ***@gmail.com."

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 16, 2020 6:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 16, 2020 6:08 AM

okeeusa wrote:

Unable to setup Mail on Mac. I have two Google accounts; each time I run the Mail setup, which opens Safari (Google requires completing authentication in your web browser. After authentication, setup will continue in Internet Accounts), and complete the Google login (Sign in to continue to macOS), I'm confronted with "This account already exists. You are already signed-in to the account ***@gmail.com."

Add or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Set up Gmail with Apple Mail —Gmail Support

https://support.google.com/a/answer/9003945?hl=en

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 16, 2020 6:08 AM in response to okeeusa

okeeusa wrote:

Add or remove email accounts in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Set up Gmail with Apple Mail —Gmail Support

https://support.google.com/a/answer/9003945?hl=en

Jul 16, 2020 12:39 PM in response to leroydouglas

At System Preferences > Internet Accounts, there are two "active" (iCloud and Game Center), and two inactive Google accounts. Am I deleting the two inactive accounts? I see the message, "Do you want to remove the Gmail account “***@gmail.com” from all your computers using iCloud Keychain? Removing from all computers using iCloud Keychain will remove it from this Mac, “*** MacBook Pro”, “***MacBook Pro”, and more." (Each inactive Google account corresponds to two Gmail accounts.)

Unable to setup Mail on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.