Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem installing TomTom Home on MacBook Pro 10.13.6

Hi. I have an in-car SatNav system from TomTom for my Mazda CX5 2016. I am trying to update the SD card with new maps as the existing are very out of date. I have tried downloading and installing TomTom Home on my MacBook Pro OS 10.13.6 but cannot install it. I get a message saying "Failure: Installation cannot proceed as not all requirements are met". I have tried contacting TomTom and apparently this is a recurring problem with Macs. They sent a word file with instructions asking me to go to Settings - Privacy - Unlock - Automation - System events. The problem is that there is no "Automation" on my Macbook. I have asked TomTom to resolve this but they have gone deathly silent. Can someone help please?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jul 16, 2020 7:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2020 12:27 PM

Hello secwh,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It appears you are unable to install TomTom Home to your MacBook Pro on OS 10.13.6, correct? We're here to help you take a look in to that!

First, let's attempt these same steps from Tom Tom Home as a new user account on the MacBook Pro to test if is an account issue. Here is an article on these steps to follow:

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Check in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Scroll down the list on the left side for Automation > Follow Tom Tom home support:

TomTom Support

Hopefully this helps!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 20, 2020 12:27 PM in response to secwh

Hello secwh,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It appears you are unable to install TomTom Home to your MacBook Pro on OS 10.13.6, correct? We're here to help you take a look in to that!

First, let's attempt these same steps from Tom Tom Home as a new user account on the MacBook Pro to test if is an account issue. Here is an article on these steps to follow:

How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac

Check in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Scroll down the list on the left side for Automation > Follow Tom Tom home support:

TomTom Support

Hopefully this helps!

Problem installing TomTom Home on MacBook Pro 10.13.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.