Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

System Photo Library

I have multiple photo libraries but none are designated as the System Photo Library. When I try to choose one (option Photos) it gives message "iCloud features for Photos are only available in the System Photo Library". I am unable to open Photos at all.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 17, 2020 5:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2020 12:16 AM

See the thread https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8536957

3 replies

Jul 19, 2020 2:53 PM in response to Bob4466

I have a large file of photos (30K files, 200 GH ) that I access from 2 Macs. I have done some wonderful photo books, thanks. It is a struggle to navigate through my collection and I would like to divide it into photos and videos with the files stored on separate external drives. This has created complexity and unexpected glitches . The problem with inability to designate the System Photo Library is an example. I studied the articles on Photo Libraries and found them very useful. I am now able to create new photo libraries and designate the System Photo Library! Thank you. I find it hard to hold the overall organization of devices, libraries, albums, side bar in my head. Maybe you have advice about this constraint too?

System Photo Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.