Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4K

Bought a new Apple TV 4K to replace old Apple TV. Connected it the exact way as old model through my Denon Receiver to my Samsung 4K Smart TV, both of which are six years old.

New Apple TV 4K LED light is on, but no display shows on Samsung TV. I've tried all the normal trouble shooting procedures, including unplugging everything.

Any ideas on how to get it to work?

Posted on Jul 18, 2020 7:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2020 7:37 AM

Assuming Apple TV → Receiver → TV. Switch your receiver input using the receiver remote to the correct HDMI port, as used by the Apple TV box.

Once you have picture, try activation HDMI-CEC for automatic input selection, if supported by the other equipment. Settings﹥Remotes and Devices﹥Control TVs and Receivers﹥On|Off.

Control your TV or receiver with your Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2020 7:37 AM in response to CHRISQUESTIONS99

Assuming Apple TV → Receiver → TV. Switch your receiver input using the receiver remote to the correct HDMI port, as used by the Apple TV box.

Once you have picture, try activation HDMI-CEC for automatic input selection, if supported by the other equipment. Settings﹥Remotes and Devices﹥Control TVs and Receivers﹥On|Off.

Control your TV or receiver with your Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote - Apple Support

Apple TV 4K

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.