problem getting set up screen for my apple tv 4k

I'm trying to set up a new apple 4K TV on my LG. Iv'e followed the steps- My LG TV identifies the apple tv on the HDMI 4 input, but does not show a start screen to set up.

I'm using a Maranz receiver.

I've tried switching off the apple tv, LG TV, un-pluging a re-

plugging in the HDMI cable switching off the tv then changing the input nothing is working.

Do I need to go in to the Maranz settings?

Thanks

Kathy

Apple TV 4K (3rd generation)

Posted on Jul 19, 2023 3:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2023 4:22 PM

Set up your Apple TV - Apple Support

Set up Dolby Atmos or surround sound on Apple TV with a sound bar or AV receiver - Apple Support

Play audio in Dolby Atmos or surround sound on your Apple TV - Apple Support

If you connect as

Apple TV box →[HDMI]→ AV receiver →[HDMI ARC/eARC]→ TV

then you would select the input device on the receiver, by its HDMI port numbering.

If you connect as

Apple TV box →[HDMI]→ TV →[HDMI ARC/eARC]→ AV receiver

then you would select the input device on the TV, by its HDMI port numbering.

Often, input selection can be automated through CEC. Activate this function on all HDMI devices in the setup.

For Apple TV: Settings﹥Remotes and Devices﹥Control TVs and Receivers﹥On

For the TV: See its manual. LG may refer to CEC using the ‘SimpLink’ trade name.

For the receiver: It is probably passive (reacting, not controlling) and always on for CEC. See its manual for details.

Verify that the status light is glowing continuously on the front of the Apple TV box. Then it has started up and is ready for use. If your Apple TV doesn't turn on or shows a black screen - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2023 4:22 PM in response to Shrinkgurl

Set up your Apple TV - Apple Support

Set up Dolby Atmos or surround sound on Apple TV with a sound bar or AV receiver - Apple Support

Play audio in Dolby Atmos or surround sound on your Apple TV - Apple Support

If you connect as

Apple TV box →[HDMI]→ AV receiver →[HDMI ARC/eARC]→ TV

then you would select the input device on the receiver, by its HDMI port numbering.

If you connect as

Apple TV box →[HDMI]→ TV →[HDMI ARC/eARC]→ AV receiver

then you would select the input device on the TV, by its HDMI port numbering.

Often, input selection can be automated through CEC. Activate this function on all HDMI devices in the setup.

For Apple TV: Settings﹥Remotes and Devices﹥Control TVs and Receivers﹥On

For the TV: See its manual. LG may refer to CEC using the ‘SimpLink’ trade name.

For the receiver: It is probably passive (reacting, not controlling) and always on for CEC. See its manual for details.

Verify that the status light is glowing continuously on the front of the Apple TV box. Then it has started up and is ready for use. If your Apple TV doesn't turn on or shows a black screen - Apple Support

problem getting set up screen for my apple tv 4k

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.