Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flash not working on iPhone 11

I am experiencing the same issue reported here where the camera flash is disabled: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251086705 (thread is locked to new comments.)

The phone reports that the camera flash cannot be used when the battery is low, and does this even with the battery at 100%. It has been doing this for a while. I’ve updated to the latest iOS and restarted the phone multiple times. The flash works fine as a flashlight. Any ideas on how to solve this?

iPhone 11

Posted on Jul 19, 2020 5:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2020 5:33 AM

The following solved this issue for me:

Force Restart the phone:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF).
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 19, 2020 5:33 AM in response to FR-99

The following solved this issue for me:

Force Restart the phone:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF).

Flash not working on iPhone 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.