Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to update built-in Apps

I just got a brand new MacBook Pro 2020 2 weeks ago. I ordered it from the apple store (I was not signed into any apple account when I ordered it). As soon as the laptop arrived, I set it up with the same Apple ID that I have been using on my iPhone. Now, 2 weeks later, I have 4 pending updates for apps that came with the laptop (GarageBand, keynote, numbers, and pages) but whenever I tried to update them, I get an error message saying "Unable to update apps that were refunded or purchased with a different Apple ID".

Im very confused - this is a new laptop so no other Apple ID has ever been signed in, and I only have one Apple ID. The apps were pre-installed on my Mac before I ever even logged into my Apple ID, so how are they locked?

Please don't tell me I have to reinstall every single pre-installed app that my MacBook came with.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 21, 2020 6:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2020 6:31 PM

Check the Mac App Store for an option to accept them into your Apple ID; preloaded applications don't have one stored inside them until this is done. Alternatively, delete and redownload those applications as well as iMovie.

If you customized your order to include paid applications such as Final Cut Pro, don't delete those before accepting them into your account.

(182494)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2020 6:31 PM in response to -ayla-

Check the Mac App Store for an option to accept them into your Apple ID; preloaded applications don't have one stored inside them until this is done. Alternatively, delete and redownload those applications as well as iMovie.

If you customized your order to include paid applications such as Final Cut Pro, don't delete those before accepting them into your account.

(182494)

Unable to update built-in Apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.