Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to copy only my contacts from one iphone to another running the same IOS version.

How to copy only my contacts from one iphone to another running the same IOS version.

I tried to do this with iTunes but it did not work.

iCloud is all full of a backup and I only want to do a simple copy of the contacts.

Why is this soo painful to do with IOS devices and what is the answer on how to do it?

One device is the old SE and the new iphone is the new version of the SE 2020.

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 1:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 1:17 AM

Have you reviewed the Apple thread about your issue?

Set up and use iCloud Contacts - Apple Support

8 replies

Jul 22, 2020 3:42 AM in response to Eythan_zrd

I can not believe how much pain this is. I decided to buy more iCloud storage so I could use that method and before I

did the iCloud backup I selected the contacts app button so it would be included in the backup. Before IOS would allow

me to turn on the button it made be select the Merge contacts. Well to my surprise only the iCloud contacts were visible on

my contacts and all my local contacts were gone!!!! Apple is insane to allow this level of quality in it's software!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.