Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

organizing iPhotos professionally?!

gents. i am about five years overdue on organizing my iPhotos. i am coming from APERTURE which i used rather idiosyncratically. or maybe i just used it like i still had a PC.

anyway i MOVED photos from the Aperture boxes (or whatever they were called) when they got imported and then i placed them in a THEMATICALLY NAMED folder.

so each image was in a folder.

then i created ALBUMS and sometimes published an album to FLICKR or i exported images to my desktop where i used them to create things.

i realize this is non-standard and i was hoping for some "live human" response to how i should think about using iPHOTOS.

for instance today i went to export some images to the DESKTOP in order to paste up a PAGES document and i realized i really need a way to MARK or LABEL these photos once i find them so i don't have to go looking for all of them again.

can i LABEL images in iPhotos with a term? should i create an album? are there more tools than simply putting a heart symbol on something like i do on the phone?

THANK YOU

Mac Pro

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 9:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2020 2:21 PM

There is no such app as iPhotos. There is iPhoto, now discontinued, and Photos the app that replaced it.

Photos, like iPhoto before it, is not a professional application.

You can use keywords to mark images. Photos does not have a label facility. Of course you can make albums.

Similar questions

3 replies

Jul 22, 2020 2:50 PM in response to Yer_Man

hi terence. thanks. not sure if i can edit that title or not. so on PHOTOS application on the desktop how do i use keywords exactly? i simply run a pulldown or a right click and add a custom keyword and then to search i go and enter the keyword? or will it start to show up as a keyword album so i can simply go and graphically search the various keywords? i mean this would be idea to be able to search for "keyword albums" in a similar way to how i search for images in PLACES section of Photos.

organizing iPhotos professionally?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.