Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All of a sudden, I cannot access my computer on my TV via Apple TV. Have assured Home Sharing is ON, Apple TV and computer on the same network, restarted computer and Apple TV. Any suggestions?

Any suggestions to troubleshoot or fix?

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 23, 2020 8:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2020 8:13 AM

Could it be that your home network has multiple SSIDs, e.g. separate for the 2.4 GHz band and the 5 GHz band? If so, then devices on one SSID cannot communicate with devices on the other SSID, but both can communicate to the internet.

Similar questions

4 replies

Jul 24, 2020 12:10 AM in response to Lnhioki

As a test, can you AirPlay from the Mac to the Apple TV? If so, then the connection itself is fine. If not, then the network connection needs further investigation.

Home Sharing should be turned on, on both the Apple TV and in the iTunes application (for macOS 10.14 and below), or System Preferences (for macOS 10.15), and also specifying the same Apple ID account for this service on both devices.

All of a sudden, …

So I take that to mean it worked until recently. What has changed since?

All of a sudden, I cannot access my computer on my TV via Apple TV. Have assured Home Sharing is ON, Apple TV and computer on the same network, restarted computer and Apple TV. Any suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.