Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I deregister the number from a new sim that I have not got any more?

I have moved to a new provider but the temporary number has been allocated to my imessage and facetime. Now the number has switched to my usual number I can't change my icloud number because the temporary number has gone and I can't receive a code to put into Apple. Please help.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 24, 2020 5:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2020 5:51 AM

You need to change the number on your Apple ID. After the change, allow up to 24 hours for the change to sync. Before trying to make the change, sign out of Messages/FaceTime on all devices/computers.

Apple ID - Manage    

If you need a verification code, see if anything here helps.  If necessary, you can use account recovery as explained in the link at bottom of the article.

Verification code - how to get one and sign in with two-factor authentication.   

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2020 5:51 AM in response to tjchet

You need to change the number on your Apple ID. After the change, allow up to 24 hours for the change to sync. Before trying to make the change, sign out of Messages/FaceTime on all devices/computers.

Apple ID - Manage    

If you need a verification code, see if anything here helps.  If necessary, you can use account recovery as explained in the link at bottom of the article.

Verification code - how to get one and sign in with two-factor authentication.   

How can I deregister the number from a new sim that I have not got any more?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.