Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does apple makes it so difficult to transfer files between Iphone and PC

I just came back from vacations and need to free space of my iPhone. I just need to transfer those specific vacation pics and videos. However, the iPhone cuts the connection via USB every time large files or multiple files as selected. I cant use iTunes because I never synced before so Ill loose data if done now, apparently sync is only used to transfer from PC to iPhone.

In other words, I'm stuck trying to do something that Android phones managed to figure it out 10 YEARS AGO.

How do I transfer just 10-15 files from my pictures without synchronizing the whole god **** camera roll. Its more than 30gb so transferring to iCloud is not an option I don't have the time to wait for 4K 60FPS videos to be uploaded and then download to my pc via cloud.

this is utterly ridiculous.

anyone knows a third party app that is FREE 100% as I don't want to pay for a solution that was supposed to be available by apple out of the box.

?? thanks

Posted on Jul 25, 2020 9:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2020 10:01 AM

Thanks for the reply but those solutions don't work. When using file transfer from windows 10 the iphone disconnect when transferring large files or multiple files. I tried different USB cables and different computers, its an IOS problem and interface design. After automatically disconnecting I have to remove the USB and plug it again, unlock the phone, open Itunes and only then the Iphone will shown on windows 10 explorer.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2020 10:01 AM in response to LACAllen

Thanks for the reply but those solutions don't work. When using file transfer from windows 10 the iphone disconnect when transferring large files or multiple files. I tried different USB cables and different computers, its an IOS problem and interface design. After automatically disconnecting I have to remove the USB and plug it again, unlock the phone, open Itunes and only then the Iphone will shown on windows 10 explorer.

Why does apple makes it so difficult to transfer files between Iphone and PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.