Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Description Field Comments.

How do I get permission to add comments in the comment section of an app's 'Get Info' Box?

This is where I usually put common shortcuts for an app. For example, you can see if an email address in something sent to you is a spoof by hovering over the address with the right mouse button clicked.

But I sometimes forget the trick so I like to not it in the comments section of a program's description field.

Now that I own a new mac and want to add these things to the program's contents box, I have insufficient status to do so. But I am the owner, user, and the one who bought the mac. So what do I have to do, to reenable comments in app description fields?

Mac mini, macOS 10.12

Posted on Jul 26, 2020 6:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2020 1:17 PM

I don't think it would be necessary to modify a read-only file to reference it such that a comment can be set elsewhere. And I'll leave that to the guys who get paid to do that work. Thank you very much for your comments!

Similar questions

7 replies

App Description Field Comments.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.