Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Card on apple watch not in watch app

I have a debit card on my Apple Watch which I can't remove - it's not listed in the Wallet in the Apple Watch App (or in the Wallet on my iPhone), it appears when I double click and swipe through my cards (I have 5 on my watch but only 4 on in the wallet & Apple Pay tab on the apple watch app on my iPhone). Is there a way to force a refresh of cards on my watch or am I going to have to do a full reset on my watch to clear it? Its a card that I cancelled so I can't re-add it to try to get in on to remove again. Thanks.

Apple Watch Series 1, watchOS 6

Posted on Jul 27, 2020 12:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2020 12:51 PM

We appreciate you letting us know the recommended actions aren't correcting the issue. Given this result, we want to make sure both your iPhone and watch are running the latest software. If you haven't updated recently, we would want to have you do that, and once any updates are installed, try the removal again.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Update your Apple Watch

If you find the issue persists with updated software, the next option would be to unpair and pair your watch and iPhone. This process will restore your watch to factory settings; however, you will be able to restore the backup that's automatically created for your Apple Watch when you unpair it from your iPhone.

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch

Please keep us updated on the results. We're here to help should you need additional assistance.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2020 12:51 PM in response to UKCodeMonkey

We appreciate you letting us know the recommended actions aren't correcting the issue. Given this result, we want to make sure both your iPhone and watch are running the latest software. If you haven't updated recently, we would want to have you do that, and once any updates are installed, try the removal again.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Update your Apple Watch

If you find the issue persists with updated software, the next option would be to unpair and pair your watch and iPhone. This process will restore your watch to factory settings; however, you will be able to restore the backup that's automatically created for your Apple Watch when you unpair it from your iPhone.

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch

Please keep us updated on the results. We're here to help should you need additional assistance.

Jul 29, 2020 4:02 PM in response to UKCodeMonkey

Hey there UKCodeMonkey!

It's great you've contacted us with your inquiry regarding Apple Wallet on your Apple Watch. We know it's important that you be able to add or remove cards as needed, and we're happy to assist.

We'd like to suggest the steps outlined in the article below, under section: Remove a card. There are specific actions for card removal on your Apple Watch.

Manage the cards that you use with Apple Pay

We hope this information helps to correct the issue you've been experiencing.

Take care.

Jul 29, 2020 9:29 PM in response to Leanne_68

Hi Leanne_68, thanks for your reply. I already tried those steps thanks. The problem I have is the card on my Apple Watch isn’t in the wallet section of my watch app so I can’t remove it. I have 5 cards on my watch but only 4 in the wallet section in the Apple Watch app. I tried adding the old card but I’d cancelled it ages ago so it fails to add.

Card on apple watch not in watch app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.