Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imessage pictures showing as a blank text bubble

I recently restored my iPhone 7 plus via icloud because I was having issues with "other storage." While the restore fixed my storage problem, I am running into an issue where some pictures sent to me in my imessage threads are appears only as blue text bubbles. Some had reactions there too - like "heart" thumbs up" etc. as I reacted to the photo when it was sent. The restore brought back a lot of photos I deleted from imessage threads too which I thought was weird. I don't care about that as much as wanting to get the pictures back that are now showing as blank messages.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 27, 2020 8:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2020 8:14 PM

messages were stored on icloud and I backed up before I did the restore. The phone was plugged in and connected to my home wifi during the restore. heres a screen shot. both blank bubbles were photos. one showing a thumbs up reaction

Similar questions

3 replies

Jul 27, 2020 9:19 PM in response to ashels23

Then if you say the "messages were stored on iCloud" it sounds you were using messages in iCloud - Keep all your messages in iCloud - Apple Support which means they weren't a part of your backup as this is what iCloud backs up - What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support. Therefore, have you tried going to Settings > Messages > switching off briefly then switching back on to see if it'll jumpstart to sync again?

imessage pictures showing as a blank text bubble

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.