Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imessage pictures showing as a blank text bubble

I recently restored my iPhone 7 plus via icloud because I was having issues with "other storage." While the restore fixed my storage problem, I am running into an issue where some pictures sent to me in my imessage threads are appears only as blue text bubbles. Some had reactions there too - like "heart" thumbs up" etc. as I reacted to the photo when it was sent. The restore brought back a lot of photos I deleted from imessage threads too which I thought was weird. I don't care about that as much as wanting to get the pictures back that are now showing as blank messages.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jul 27, 2020 8:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2020 8:14 PM

messages were stored on icloud and I backed up before I did the restore. The phone was plugged in and connected to my home wifi during the restore. heres a screen shot. both blank bubbles were photos. one showing a thumbs up reaction

Similar questions

3 replies

Jul 27, 2020 9:19 PM in response to ashels23

Then if you say the "messages were stored on iCloud" it sounds you were using messages in iCloud - Keep all your messages in iCloud - Apple Support which means they weren't a part of your backup as this is what iCloud backs up - What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support. Therefore, have you tried going to Settings > Messages > switching off briefly then switching back on to see if it'll jumpstart to sync again?

imessage pictures showing as a blank text bubble

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.