Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Face ID when wearing a face mask.

I own an 11pro iphone and in the era of Covid, the Face ID not working when wearing a mask is a real problem. I am healthcare worker so my phone will not unlock at work without constantly entering my 6 digit code, when shopping and using the phone to self scan items I am constantly typing in my code and while on an airplane I am using my code. About the only time my Face ID works is when at home. Is there a way to use Face ID when wearing a mask? My old phone had a finger print reader that worked just fine. It seems like such an obvious design flaw inflicted on us by Apple designers. There are millions of people having this same issue but nothing from Apple to address this issue other than letting us constantly type in our 6 digit code quicker every few minutes or reactivate an old phone with touch id.

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Jul 28, 2020 9:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2020 9:15 PM

No.

Use a passcode.

The Infrared cannot scan your face with a mask on.

Similar questions

1 reply

Face ID when wearing a face mask.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.