Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I increase the volume on a iMovie project

Hi, I am looking for help with a video project I have started.

I have just transffered some 35 year old Beta tapes to iMovie, most of them have gone ok but one (the most important one) has got little or no volume. By tweaking various controls I can just about hear it.

Is there any way I can increase the volume on the audio track? as this tape contains video and audio of family members long dead I am prepared to spend money on more suitable software if required.

I am using an iMac 5K late 2014 running OS 10.15.6 and iMovie 10.1.14

I would be very grateful if someone could help me with this problem.

Blackrockguy

Posted on Jul 29, 2020 4:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2020 7:16 AM

Hi, blackrockguy,

Do an Edit/Select All to select all of the clips in the project. Then click on the sound icon (the one that looks like a loudspeaker) in the tool bar at the upper right of your screen. You will see a slider in the controls under the loudspeaker icon. Slide it all the way to the right to increase the sound by 400%.

If the sound increase is still not loud enough, share out the movie to your desktop and drag it into a newly created iMovie project. Then repeat the sound volume increase procedure again.

-- Rich

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2020 7:16 AM in response to blackrockguy

Hi, blackrockguy,

Do an Edit/Select All to select all of the clips in the project. Then click on the sound icon (the one that looks like a loudspeaker) in the tool bar at the upper right of your screen. You will see a slider in the controls under the loudspeaker icon. Slide it all the way to the right to increase the sound by 400%.

If the sound increase is still not loud enough, share out the movie to your desktop and drag it into a newly created iMovie project. Then repeat the sound volume increase procedure again.

-- Rich

How do I increase the volume on a iMovie project

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.