Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

BSD - watchdog timeout: no checkins from watchdogd in 301 second

Why is my iMac (27-inch, Late 2013) having a BSD when shutting down it or waking up after sleep for a while?

I don't have any USB attached so workarounds from other post are not helping me. I read also in other post that resintalling macOS from scratch could solve the problem, but Im not sure nice my iMac was perfectly working before Catalina update.

Attached the log for further investigation.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 30, 2020 6:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 9:17 PM

FYI,

I reinstalled Catalina but didn't restore the TimeMachine backup. After Catalina was installed I created my user session and restored my personal files with iCloud (200GB subscription); the lager files were copied from the TimeMachine using Finder.

Now I can leave the iMac in suspend mode all the day waking up it several times and no BSD.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 18, 2020 9:17 PM in response to JohnAlanWoods

FYI,

I reinstalled Catalina but didn't restore the TimeMachine backup. After Catalina was installed I created my user session and restored my personal files with iCloud (200GB subscription); the lager files were copied from the TimeMachine using Finder.

Now I can leave the iMac in suspend mode all the day waking up it several times and no BSD.

Aug 11, 2020 2:32 PM in response to Luis Carvallo González

I have the exact same issue, on two MacBook Pros (16inch and 15inch), both on Catalina 10.15.6 (19G73), both with ONLY Apple Kexts.

Confirmed using Kextstat | grep -v "com.apple"

Driving me insane for months: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/intermittent-kernel-panic-when-rebooting-down-catalina-on-mbp16.2249568/

Also I've been a developer and software architect at low level embedded C/ObjC for nearly 2 decades.

I have spent weeks trying to analyse this issue.

BSD - watchdog timeout: no checkins from watchdogd in 301 second

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.