Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DVD drive not working on macbook air

On my new macbook air 2020 I just bought a Dell DW316 external dvd drive and since my mac has thunderbolt 3 i use an adapter to get the usb for the external dvd but once i plug them in all that happens is the dvd drive makes non stop click sounds? i tried plugging in the macbook while trying to use the dvd drive and that still didn’t resolve the issue. please help me.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 30, 2020 12:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2020 2:56 PM

Hi there lorenzoc119,

Thank you for choosing Apple Support Communities!

It sounds as though an external DVD drive that’s connected to your MacBook Air isn’t working correctly. You’re in the right place, we’d be glad to assist in seeking a solution.

Below are resources that can help:

If a USB device doesn’t work with Mac

If a Mac accessory needs more power or is using too much power

These resources include steps that can help to resolve issues when a device that’s connected though USB isn’t working.

We hope this helps,

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2020 2:56 PM in response to lorenzoc119

Hi there lorenzoc119,

Thank you for choosing Apple Support Communities!

It sounds as though an external DVD drive that’s connected to your MacBook Air isn’t working correctly. You’re in the right place, we’d be glad to assist in seeking a solution.

Below are resources that can help:

If a USB device doesn’t work with Mac

If a Mac accessory needs more power or is using too much power

These resources include steps that can help to resolve issues when a device that’s connected though USB isn’t working.

We hope this helps,

Cheers!

DVD drive not working on macbook air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.