Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

thunderbolt ports

I had to have my fusion drive replaced on my late 2015 imac 27 inch. However, everything seems to be working except my thunderbolt ports. The computer has them listed as being there, but neither of the two are reading my Lacie drive, nor is the lacie drive showing up at all. I have never experienced this problem before the SimplyMac people installed the new hard drive. I am a photographer and work off that Lacie drive and really would appreciate any help. I have tried the SMC reset and the PRAM reset and neither worked. Thank you!

Posted on Aug 1, 2020 10:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2020 3:46 PM

Yeah' before taking it back in, I would try reinstalling macOS and reset both the SMC and NVRAM.

How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple Support

How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

5 replies

Aug 1, 2020 11:52 AM in response to den.thed

Lacie is usable on my old macbook pro with its thunderbolt port, with no problem. Like I said, this has never been an issue before on this imac 27--before the new hard drive was installed. Yes, the lacie will work with the USB 3 connection. It just doesn't seem to work quite as quickly as the thunderbolt I am used to using.

thunderbolt ports

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.