Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Thunberbolt ports

Hi

I moved my late 2015 iMAC temporarily out of the office recently and had to disconnect peripherals. Upon return I've found that neither of the Thunderbolt ports work, I've tried various external devices, they're not appearing in Finder (also means I can't run my 2nd screen). Never had a problem before and I've had the iMAC since 2016. Its running Monteray 12.6.2 but it was same on previous update.

Anyone know how I can fix this?

iMac 27″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Dec 17, 2022 1:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2022 1:56 AM

Hello!

First, try to reset the SMC (System Management Controller) and the NVRAM. Resetting these can help fix odd issues, such as what you're experiencing:

If the issue persists, test in Safe Mode. Safe mode can help you to determine whether an issue is caused by software that loads as your Mac starts up: How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support.

Jack

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2022 1:56 AM in response to pightle96

Hello!

First, try to reset the SMC (System Management Controller) and the NVRAM. Resetting these can help fix odd issues, such as what you're experiencing:

If the issue persists, test in Safe Mode. Safe mode can help you to determine whether an issue is caused by software that loads as your Mac starts up: How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support.

Jack

Thunberbolt ports

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.