Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Files permanently deleted iCloud drive

Dear Community,

Trying to free some space on iCloud drive I have permanently deleted valuable files that were on my MAC/Desktop.

Actually I was not aware that deleting the files from iCloud will also disappear from my laptop.

Do you think there is any potential opportunity to recover those important files?

Thank you very much for your support.

Posted on Aug 3, 2020 9:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2020 9:30 AM

Try going to iCloud.com/iCloud Drive using a computer browser and click on Recently Deleted at the bottom right. See if the files are there. Then try iCloud.com/Account Settings using a computer browser and go to Advanced at the bottom left. Access Restore Files. See if the files are there.

If the above doesn't work, do you have a backup you can restore from?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2020 9:30 AM in response to Rtamarit

Try going to iCloud.com/iCloud Drive using a computer browser and click on Recently Deleted at the bottom right. See if the files are there. Then try iCloud.com/Account Settings using a computer browser and go to Advanced at the bottom left. Access Restore Files. See if the files are there.

If the above doesn't work, do you have a backup you can restore from?

Files permanently deleted iCloud drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.