Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i get libby app on my ipod

I'd like to be able to download library books on my iPod. I have no idea what generation this iPod is. Where does it tell a user?

I see the Libby app on the iPod but nothing helps me to put a book from the shelf I created on my laptop on the iPod. So I'm thinking I can't transfer books from the laptop onto the iPod.

Does anyone use his/her Ipod to download free lib. books? Please respond.

Thanks, Karen Stearns

iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Posted on Aug 3, 2020 6:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2020 7:52 PM

I don’t think you move them from your laptop to your iPod, I think you download them again on your ipod

I found this

1. Install the Libby app from your device's app store.
  2. Open the app and find San Francisco Public Library. ... (Or your library)
  3. Browse the library's collection and borrow a title. ... 
  4. Borrowed titles appear on your Shelf and download to the app automatically so you can read them when you're offline.

but here’s their help pages that may have better answers

https://help.libbyapp.com/en-us/index.htm

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2020 7:52 PM in response to libbyoverdrive

I don’t think you move them from your laptop to your iPod, I think you download them again on your ipod

I found this

1. Install the Libby app from your device's app store.
  2. Open the app and find San Francisco Public Library. ... (Or your library)
  3. Browse the library's collection and borrow a title. ... 
  4. Borrowed titles appear on your Shelf and download to the app automatically so you can read them when you're offline.

but here’s their help pages that may have better answers

https://help.libbyapp.com/en-us/index.htm

Aug 3, 2020 7:36 PM in response to Skydiver119

I did use the app successfully on my laptop...but nowhere have I found directions on how to move the audiobook from the Libby shelf on my laptop onto the iPod. Perhaps they're two different options and I can't move the book from laptop to iPod. iTunes moves the books when I buy from audible.com.

I actually need someone, another iPod/Libby user, to take me through the process like you did with finding out what generation this iPod is.

Any suggestions?

Thank you for your responses. It's a start. Karen

how do i get libby app on my ipod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.