Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 11 wifi often losing connection

I’ve had an iphone 11 for a bit over a month now and everyday get faced with brief periods of no internet on my wifi. I have tried connecting to other wifi networks (I have Google Wifi), and the everything loads fine which makes me think it’s a wifi problem and not the phone, but when I use my old iPhone 7 and my other family members devices the wifi is working. Also, when I switch to cell service during the period of no internet I get a stable connection. So multiple times a day, my phone stops receiving internet from my wifi (but specifically my phone) for a few minutes. I was just wondering if this is a problem with my phone or the wifi? It seems like it’s the wifi but if it’s fine for everyone else’s device it makes me wonder if there’s something wrong with the phone.

iPhone 11

Posted on Aug 4, 2020 12:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2020 12:38 AM

Connecting to Wifi is first part and then getting connected to Internet is the second

1. If you are connected to a Wifi, doesn't necessarily mean you are connected to internet. If you are not connected to wifi could be a problem of iPhone settings or Router/Modem Settings
  2. If you are not connected to internet is the sole issue of Router / Modem Settings. Contact you ISP immediately

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2020 12:38 AM in response to -BigMac-

Connecting to Wifi is first part and then getting connected to Internet is the second

1. If you are connected to a Wifi, doesn't necessarily mean you are connected to internet. If you are not connected to wifi could be a problem of iPhone settings or Router/Modem Settings
  2. If you are not connected to internet is the sole issue of Router / Modem Settings. Contact you ISP immediately

iphone 11 wifi often losing connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.