Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need help getting music to show up on iMovie app and in IPhotos for slideshow.

No matter what I do or no matter how many peoples advice I follow the apple community, I CANNOT get my music to show up in my iMovie app and in IPhotos when I'm creating a slideshow. I don't know what to do! Please help or let me know who I can call and get a walk through with.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 4, 2020 8:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2020 8:55 AM

Songs from Apple Music are DRM protected and will not be available in iMovie or iPhoto. Also, songs that are in the Cloud will not be available unless you download those songs to your iTunes library. You can purchase songs directly from iTunes (not Apple Music) and those songs would be available.

If the above is not your issue, you can contact Apple Support by clicking on the Contact Support item in the upper right hand corner of this forum's screen. Navigate to a place where you can input your telephone number. The techs there are very savvy and have the capability of remotely accessing your computer.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2020 8:55 AM in response to alesandra22

Songs from Apple Music are DRM protected and will not be available in iMovie or iPhoto. Also, songs that are in the Cloud will not be available unless you download those songs to your iTunes library. You can purchase songs directly from iTunes (not Apple Music) and those songs would be available.

If the above is not your issue, you can contact Apple Support by clicking on the Contact Support item in the upper right hand corner of this forum's screen. Navigate to a place where you can input your telephone number. The techs there are very savvy and have the capability of remotely accessing your computer.

-- Rich

Need help getting music to show up on iMovie app and in IPhotos for slideshow.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.