Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to buy Apple Care, I get response my product does not qualify for it.

I purchased my Mac through Amazon, could that be the reason I don't qualify to purchase additional Apple Care.

Posted on Aug 5, 2020 12:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2020 12:56 PM

If you purchased within the past 60 days, you're eligible. However, if you bought from a 3rd party through Amazon's marketplace, it is possible that the seller is not an Apple Authorized Reseller but rather purchased the Mac and re-sold it to you, in which case the recorded purchase date is when the seller bought it, not when they sold it to you.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2020 12:56 PM in response to lunaysie

If you purchased within the past 60 days, you're eligible. However, if you bought from a 3rd party through Amazon's marketplace, it is possible that the seller is not an Apple Authorized Reseller but rather purchased the Mac and re-sold it to you, in which case the recorded purchase date is when the seller bought it, not when they sold it to you.

Trying to buy Apple Care, I get response my product does not qualify for it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.