Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad mini 5 bent

HI,

I own a Ipad mini 5 still have warranty, but it suddenly bend on last month & getting serious. I took it to customer service centre at The Curve on 6 Aug 2020, the customer service said it is physical bend so was not cover in the warranty and suggested paid RM1699 for 1 to 1 exchange (which can buy a brand new Ipad mini 5). It is unreasonable! I have owned few Ipads before have no this kind of issue, is that the material or structure issue on my current ipad mini. Please advise a reasonable suggestion due to it still got warranty and well function.

iPad mini, 13

Posted on Aug 6, 2020 8:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2020 4:55 PM

I’m experiencing the same issue, so maybe it is a flaw in the design.O I I normally use my iPad upright with my fingers around he back and that is exactly were the slight bend is occurring. But thank you Michel for your accusatory and unhelpful response to what might be a legitimate issue.

18 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2020 4:55 PM in response to MichelPM

I’m experiencing the same issue, so maybe it is a flaw in the design.O I I normally use my iPad upright with my fingers around he back and that is exactly were the slight bend is occurring. But thank you Michel for your accusatory and unhelpful response to what might be a legitimate issue.

Aug 6, 2020 8:54 PM in response to chea241

One more choice to try.

Try contacting/reaching out to Apple Product support and services.

Tap on the first link below and scroll down some to get to the Apple Product Support section and phone numbers for your location/region.

https://www.apple.com/contact/

OR

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201232

If you need to, if initial 1st tier Apple customer support is of no help to you, you can calmly ask to have this issue escalated up to more responsible, senior level Apple customer support employees to see if they can come up with other possible advice/solutions to this iPad bend issues, but I make no guarantees, whatsoever.

If need be, you can have your iPad issues escalated all the way up the chain to Apple engineering level customer phone support.

Even if no acceptable resolution, Apple, AT LEAST, logs all support calls and issues.

Best of Luck to You!

Oct 27, 2020 2:37 AM in response to Hasanzriek

You have no way to prove the bend wasn't caused by you or someone else or it happened somehow by accident.

Bends in iPad chassis/back housings do not magically happen by itself.

Especially on a such a small aluminum housing/chassis that is for an iPad Mini!

That iPad Mini got bent somehow that you cannot prove!

The standard free, one-year, limited, AppleCare warranty does NOT support any iPad damage caused by the user.

For that type of warranty coverage, you needed to purchase Apple's extended AppleCare+ warranty plan.

One more choice to try.

Try contacting/reaching out to Apple Product support and services about this issue.

Tap on the first link below and scroll down some to get to the Apple Product Support section and phone numbers for your location/region.

https://www.apple.com/contact/

OR

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201232

If you need to, if initial 1st tier Apple customer support is of no help to you, you can calmly ask to have this issue escalated up to more responsible, senior level Apple customer support employees to see if they can come up with other possible advice/solutions to this iPad bend issues, but I make no guarantees, whatsoever.

If need be, you can have your iPad issues escalated all the way up the chain to Apple engineering level customer phone support.

Even if no acceptable resolution, Apple, AT LEAST, logs all support calls and issues.

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

Aug 6, 2020 8:46 PM in response to chea241

You have no way to prove the bend wasn't caused by you or someone else or it happened somehow by accident.

Bends in iPad chassis/back housings do not magically happen by itself.

Especially on a such a small aluminum housing/chassis that is for an iPad Mini!

That iPad Mini got bent somehow that you cannot prove!

Since you didn't purchase extended, two-year AppleCare+, at either the time of purchase or within 60-days of purchase, either live with the bend, pay the out-of-warranty costs for another replacement iPad or purchase another brand new iPad.

OR

Purchase a new tablet from another competitor, if you are not happy with the outcome with your damaged iPad!

It is what it is. These are your choices!

Sorry & Good Luck!

Nov 25, 2020 9:14 AM in response to Hasanzriek

I have the same problem with my iPad mini5

it’s bent

and Apple refuse to replace it I’m gonna make sure that everyone will know about it

I will take it to Parlement if I have to

millions of people will boycott this iPad rubbish

any company that makes goods not safe they do a recall after a few complaints

but Apple they think they bigger than anyone

ipad mini 5 bent

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.