Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to watch a Movie Folder on my MacBook Pro on Apple TV?

I have Apple TV hooked up to my TV and I'm able to get the normal settings and menu. When I want to watch a Video on a MacBook, I only get the Music Folder for Home Sharing and not the Movie Folder.

Why can I not have videos on my MacBook Pro to view on Apple TV without iTunes (doesn't exist in the latest Operating System), to view movies that I had to convert from Blue-Ray to .mp4?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 8, 2020 1:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2020 2:23 PM

Untagged video files will show up as Home Videos in the More tab. If you change the Media Kind for the file in the Apple TV app on the Mac, then they may appear in the Movies tab of the Computers app on the Apple TV box.

Similar questions

2 replies

Aug 8, 2020 10:11 PM in response to idiverdan1959

It sounds like you are using Catalina on the Mac. As you say, it doesn't have iTunes but Homesharing is still available via the Music app and, I think, the Apple TV app (I haven't "upgraded" to Catalina so cannot give you specific advice - you will need to search Apple Support)

There are other apps such as Air Video and Plex that let you watch movies stored on a Mac but they don't work with iTunes Store purchases (protected video).

How to watch a Movie Folder on my MacBook Pro on Apple TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.