Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Recording No Audio on Zoom Help

Hi everyone,

I didnt know that Built in Screen Recording doesnt allow to record audio while the phone is on call, facetime, or Zoom Meeting. I had a very important meeting on zoom today. I used the Built in App to record it and There was no audio. Is there any ways I can get the audio back. Thank you!

Posted on Aug 10, 2020 6:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2020 2:19 AM

Maybe it's the phone's internal recorder that doesn't support zoom audio capture, or the zoom's audio is protected that recorder were unable to grab its audio. I'm not using iPhone but a android phone whose internal recorder is not allowed to record internal audio too... So I just use my macbook for zoom meeting and record with zoom's in-app recorder. If I don't have the permission my RecMaster screen recorder will do me a favor. Its audio driver enables audio recording without trouble.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2020 2:19 AM in response to minhthanh0327

Maybe it's the phone's internal recorder that doesn't support zoom audio capture, or the zoom's audio is protected that recorder were unable to grab its audio. I'm not using iPhone but a android phone whose internal recorder is not allowed to record internal audio too... So I just use my macbook for zoom meeting and record with zoom's in-app recorder. If I don't have the permission my RecMaster screen recorder will do me a favor. Its audio driver enables audio recording without trouble.

Aug 10, 2020 7:13 PM in response to minhthanh0327

minhthanh0327 wrote:

Hi everyone,

I didnt know that Built in Screen Recording doesnt allow to record audio while the phone is on call, facetime, or Zoom Meeting. I had a very important meeting on zoom today. I used the Built in App to record it and There was no audio. Is there any ways I can get the audio back. Thank you!

Only a meeting host or co-host can record meetings.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/203066759-Recording-on-iOS-and-Android

Screen Recording No Audio on Zoom Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.