Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i got a new apple i phone 11 and texts and calls are still going to the old phone. how do i fix this?

i got a new apple iphone 11 and text and calls are still going to the old phone...how do i fix this?

iPhone 11, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 12, 2020 4:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2020 4:46 PM

I think you are referring to iMessage (texts) and FaceTime (calls). If yes, then on the old iPhone, go into Settings > Messages and make sure that “iMessage” is turned off. That will allow all messages to come in on your new device.

Note: Ensure your phone is connected to the internet (3G/4G or Wi-Fi) so that the changes will sync with your Apple ID.

Also, if you no longer have your old iPhone?, go to the second part of this Apple support article : https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/

Sidenote: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2020 4:46 PM in response to techy-123

I think you are referring to iMessage (texts) and FaceTime (calls). If yes, then on the old iPhone, go into Settings > Messages and make sure that “iMessage” is turned off. That will allow all messages to come in on your new device.

Note: Ensure your phone is connected to the internet (3G/4G or Wi-Fi) so that the changes will sync with your Apple ID.

Also, if you no longer have your old iPhone?, go to the second part of this Apple support article : https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/

Sidenote: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

i got a new apple i phone 11 and texts and calls are still going to the old phone. how do i fix this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.