Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Travel time uses wrong start location

Hi

When I book a new appointment in Calendar I enter the location details and select the location suggested by Calendar, to get the map at the bottom of the dialogue box. But when I ask to calculate travel time, it always suggests travel time from Work, not my home location.

So two questions:

1. Where is the Work location defined? As I have changed jobs it is now wrong anyway.
  2. .More importantly, how do I get Calendar to suggest travel times from my Home location? (And where do I define 'Home'?)

TFI

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 14, 2020 1:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2020 10:26 AM

Hi Flybr1dge,

Thanks for your post! We understand that you would like to change how travel time determines the start location and what defines 'Work' and 'Home'. We suggest you first refer to the support page: Calendar User Guide

Specifically regarding location and travel time:

"The time to leave is calculated based on the preference you choose in the Maps app in the View > Directions menu. 

Calendar finds your starting location by using the location in any events that are up to 3 hours before this event. If Calendar doesn’t find a location, it uses your work address or home address (from your card in the Contacts app), depending on the time of day. (Set your work hours in Calendar General preferencesusing the “Day starts at” and “Day ends at” pop-up menus.) If your card in Contacts doesn’t have your addresses, Calendar uses your computer’s current location. Determining your computer’s location requires that Location Services be turned on (see Change Privacy preferences)."

Hope this helps.

Best regards.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2020 10:26 AM in response to Flybr1dge

Hi Flybr1dge,

Thanks for your post! We understand that you would like to change how travel time determines the start location and what defines 'Work' and 'Home'. We suggest you first refer to the support page: Calendar User Guide

Specifically regarding location and travel time:

"The time to leave is calculated based on the preference you choose in the Maps app in the View > Directions menu. 

Calendar finds your starting location by using the location in any events that are up to 3 hours before this event. If Calendar doesn’t find a location, it uses your work address or home address (from your card in the Contacts app), depending on the time of day. (Set your work hours in Calendar General preferencesusing the “Day starts at” and “Day ends at” pop-up menus.) If your card in Contacts doesn’t have your addresses, Calendar uses your computer’s current location. Determining your computer’s location requires that Location Services be turned on (see Change Privacy preferences)."

Hope this helps.

Best regards.

Travel time uses wrong start location

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.