Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Night Shift and Location Services

I like the "Night Shift" display feature and its "Automatic" schedule. However, to enable it, I must also enable location services. If I enable location services, I notice the location services icon in the menu bar pops up many times a day to see where I am and probably relate this information to Apple. I do not like this as I do not fully trust Location Services. I do not use any other apps that require location services.

Night Shift does not need to use location services. There is a "Custom" schedule for Night Shift in which I should be able to set my current time zone. Alternately, I can manually set my own time zone in Settings and Night Shift could use that. That way, Night Shift would never need to use Location Services unless I am traveling.

What's really going on here?

MacBook Pro Apple Silicon 2023

Posted on Feb 24, 2023 7:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2023 7:55 AM

Location Services in macOS does much more than just use your location in the context of your above question.

The User can disable the upward Arrow in Menu Bar

refer to image below

Similar questions

1 reply

Night Shift and Location Services

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.