Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Damaged iPhone Issue...Advice???

I have an iPhone Xs and the LED on the front is damaged (not the glass) and the rear glass is cracked. I cannot unlock my phone because the led is not functioning even though I can see the screen light up. I can still listen to music via bluetooth, but not even Siri will unlock my phone... wishful thinking!

Here is the main issue....

A long time ago I had an apple id which is no longer active and I replaced this with a different apple id.

I went to turn off the "find iphone" for my Xs and it pulls up a different apple id (the old one) and not my new one.

Basically after speaking with Apple support, we cannot unlink or turn off this feature on the Xs unless they do a lock removal and this will still not erase my iPhone Xs so that I can get a replacement device through insurance...

Here is another thing; I have a MacBook Pro with a completely seperate Apple id.

Main question: Can I use the backup from my iPhone Xs and then link my new phone to the one that my MacBook Pro uses? I will always run into the issue of that first initial (old Apple id) id always popping up when I go to turn off the "find iphone" feature on any of my devices associated with that account.

Would ordering a new phone and backing it up off of Apple id #2 (current) and then linking it to Apple id #3 (MacBook's) account work even though it is always pulls up Apple id #1 (old and no longer active)? I will have to use the backup from #2 and I don't know if I will always run into the issue of turning off the "find iPhone" everytime?

Thanks!

iPhone XS

Posted on Aug 14, 2020 10:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2020 10:11 AM

If you restore a backup to a new device, that device will inherit the Apple ID that was being used when the backup was made. If you can't gain access to that account, then you're going to proceed to lock yourself out of the phone.

Similar questions

3 replies

Damaged iPhone Issue...Advice???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.