Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Assertion for refund caused by unauthorized purchase of iTranslate app got DENIED despite my Covid Pandemic plea

Hi can anybody help me bring my plea for refund for an unauthorized purchase of a chinese translation app, to higher apple management because my request was denied. I immediately reported this problem the moment i received the debited amount notification. I also saw that the app's expiry date was June 2020, which made me think that it couldn't be because it is August 2020 already. So what i did was unlink my credit card but the primary card wasnt allowed to be removed by Apple. Then this morning my primary card was debited woth an ANNUAL FEE which I didnt authorize and in fact was trying to sort out the night before.

Very sad because the amount debited I INTEND TO USE FOR MY GROCERIES TODAY. DESPITE MY IMMEDIATE REPORT AND PLEA FOR UNDERSTANDING FROM APPLE THEY STILL RE

JECTED TO REFUND. VERY CRUEL I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS.

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 13

Posted on Aug 15, 2020 6:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2020 8:38 PM

You can't just remove a payment method, especially if you have a subscription. You would need to first properly cancel any subscriptions and then usually you must replace the payment method with another verifiable payment method, unless you have the None option in your account's payment methods.

If this translation app was a free trial that would then become a paid subscription, you must cancel the subscription before the end of the trial period. The fact that you downloaded the app and didn't properly cancel the subscription means that you authorized the subscription. The system is automatic, computer software driven, it isn't aware of your intentions.

Managing auto-renewing subscriptions -

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4098

You can contact Apple directly 1-800-MY-APPLE, don't say anything else, just firmly request that your call be escalated to Customer Relations. Do not get in a conversation with the 1st tier agent who answers your call. Just politely repeat, like a broken record, the request for your call to be escalated. When you are speaking to Customer Relations, you may plead your refund request.

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.14.6; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 6.2.8; iPad Air 2, ipadOS 13.6.1; iPhone 8+, iOS 13.6.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 13.4.8;  HomePods, audioOS 13.4.8 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2020 8:38 PM in response to Mcsyte

You can't just remove a payment method, especially if you have a subscription. You would need to first properly cancel any subscriptions and then usually you must replace the payment method with another verifiable payment method, unless you have the None option in your account's payment methods.

If this translation app was a free trial that would then become a paid subscription, you must cancel the subscription before the end of the trial period. The fact that you downloaded the app and didn't properly cancel the subscription means that you authorized the subscription. The system is automatic, computer software driven, it isn't aware of your intentions.

Managing auto-renewing subscriptions -

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4098

You can contact Apple directly 1-800-MY-APPLE, don't say anything else, just firmly request that your call be escalated to Customer Relations. Do not get in a conversation with the 1st tier agent who answers your call. Just politely repeat, like a broken record, the request for your call to be escalated. When you are speaking to Customer Relations, you may plead your refund request.

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.14.6; Watch, series 5 GPS/cellular, watchOS 6.2.8; iPad Air 2, ipadOS 13.6.1; iPhone 8+, iOS 13.6.1; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 13.4.8;  HomePods, audioOS 13.4.8 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Assertion for refund caused by unauthorized purchase of iTranslate app got DENIED despite my Covid Pandemic plea

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.