Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic keyboard

I am planning on getting the magic keyboard for my iPad 12.9. One question that I have is, when you detach the tablet and place in on top of the magic keyboard is it magnetize?

Posted on Aug 17, 2020 7:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 17, 2020 8:26 PM

No it won't be held by magnetic unless it's attached to the keyboard. If you want something to hold your iPad when it's not attached to the keyboard, get something like this for when you want to draw and protect the iPad --> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083TC1125/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got one and it works very well when my iPad isn't attached to they keyboard. And it's only $15.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 17, 2020 8:26 PM in response to DarkPoison2020

No it won't be held by magnetic unless it's attached to the keyboard. If you want something to hold your iPad when it's not attached to the keyboard, get something like this for when you want to draw and protect the iPad --> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B083TC1125/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got one and it works very well when my iPad isn't attached to they keyboard. And it's only $15.

Aug 17, 2020 8:02 PM in response to lobsterghost1

What I mean is when you remove it from the magic keyboard and close the keyboard and place the tablet on top of it since it don’t fold to the back. Can you place it on top of the magic keyboard and use it to draw and take notes on top of it. Closing the keyboard and removing the iPad and putting it on top of it. Does it have magnets to hold it?

Magic keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.