Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facetime on Apple TV

Hello

Apple has attempted to make Apple TV relevant through the years and finally made a giant leap with Apple TV+, BUT why doesn't Apple TV support FACETIME? Apple TV is hooked up to your HD or UHD TV in your family room or living room and it isn't hard to imagine making facetime calls with it. I mean the Apple TV is basically an iPad in a different for factor that uses your TV as it's display. I have recently purchased a high end video camera with AI (gestures) and person tracking (OBSBOT Tiny : AI-Powered PTZ Webcam) which utilizes a USB C connection which is available on the Apple TV HD/4K. I would like to use this in concert with my Apple TV 4K and LG 65" OLED TV. Apple if you are listening this could make Apple TV even more relevant than it already is. As it is I have a Mac Mini attached to my TV so that I may utilize facetime, but this is a less than elegant solution and would make more sense to utilize the Apple TV as the preparation/utilization would be see less.

With the advent of iOS14/Mac OS 11 I wonder if this would be closer to "doable" as applications could be interoperable. Second thought, does facetime for Mac OS contain the camera stacks or are they present else where in the core OS? Has anyone else ever considered this and the implacations especially during this pandemic and the rise of of Zoom?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple TV HD, tvOS 14

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 7:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2020 7:51 AM

Send your feedback here: https://www.apple.com/feedback/appletv.html

Similar questions

2 replies

Facetime on Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.